Anchoring Motivated Students with Education and People for Productive Futures
The Otto Bremer Trust has bestowed upon LCF tremendous capacity to provide education, food and warmth to our students and those we serve. Thank you Otto Bremer Trust many lives will change because of you!
Reported by Forum staff reports on Mar 14, 2017 at 5:25 a.m.
ST. PAUL—The Otto Bremer Trust has awarded $7.9 million in grants as part of its most recent grantmaking cycle to invest in people, places and opportunities in the Upper Midwest, including several in the area.
North Dakota organizations receiving grants include:
• American Red Cross-Dakotas Region, $75,000, to improve delivery of disaster services in North Dakota.
• City of Reile's Acres, $50,000, to provide outdoor recreation opportunities for youth. to increase physical activity.
• Community Homes and Resources in Service to Many, Fargo, $45,000, to meet basic needs through skill development workshops, and resource connections for families and adults.
• Family HealthCare Center, Fargo, $100,000, to expand the dental clinic to meet the increased demand for oral health.
• Fargo-Moorhead Dorothy Day House of Hospitality Inc., Moorhead, $100,000, to provide emergency shelter services.
• Legacy Children's Foundation, Fargo, $100,000, to provide after-school programming in academics, community service and personal development to educate and empower at-risk, low-income students.
• Midwest Parkinson's Initiative, Fargo, $25,000, to provide educational programs on Parkinson's disease that support patients, families, caregivers, hospital providers and skilled nursing facilities.
• North Dakota Autism Center Inc., West Fargo, $77,000, to support day programming and community building for families with autistic children.
• South East Education Cooperative, Fargo, $71,500, to help children become successful readers by the end of third grade.
• CHI Riverview, Fargo, $92,000, to increase community participation and meeting basic needs of seniors.
The trust is a bank holding company that owns 92 percent of Bremer Bank and also manages a diversified investment portfolio. In 2016, OBT invested more than $47 million in grants and program-related investments throughout Minnesota, North Dakota and western Wisconsin.